Friday 1 May 2015

Oil cleansing week 1

     My last Blog post was about oil cleansing. I've got one week down, and let's talk about what I've discovered.  Let's just look at the results thus far:

 

                            


     Seeing the two pics side by side is actually see a great difference than I thought. Though my second pic is awful (sorry super tired), my skin looks WAY better! I'd noticed my blemishes had diminished for sure, but even how much THAT has changed is actually blowing me away. I have a better and more even colour to my skin too, I'm actually pretty amped now that I've loaded these together. 


    Ignoring these  pics, I did see an improvement fairly early into the process. I've learned that a phone camera is rather unforgiving, because I was generally discouraged after liking the results in the mirror and snapping a pic. I get why filters exist. 

   I started with a Castor oil, and Jojoba  oil ratio of 50:50. Around Tuesday I discovered how very drying this was. The sad part is EVERY source I'd read warned that 50:50 with Castor ha potential to be super drying...but I didn't listen. I think my ratio is 1 part castor 8 jojoba now...so yeah, BIG difference. As a result of the drying, I did turn to some other products for moisture. One was avocado oil. I'm kind of in love with the stuff, ANY time I have ANY dry skin anywhere, I use avocado oil and I'm good to go. I also used my Kimberly Sayer moisturizer with SPF. While I said I wouldn't use other products while i was adjusting, I clearly needed it, also I don't like not using SPF. Not to mention I DID plan on reintroducing it today anyway, I was one day early. 

    I do plan to continue oil cleansing, because I am pleased with the results thus far. I'm not sure I'll stick with my combination of oils I've selected though, or even the ratio. Jojoba is kind of a safe choice because it's supposed to be good for all skin types, especially for  acne (which is what I'm trying to fix). 

   I've basically wiped the slate clean with my skin care routine and will continue to document it as I introduce new products to it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment