Wednesday 20 September 2017

The Master List


              Our next assignment it something I refer to as the Master List, and it can be fun and interesting. In previous years this project has been ONLY mine. However, I have Cale helping me with everything this year, and I wanted to approach it with more of an open mind. It’s kind of an all encompassing Christmas Wish list. It’s a list of things that Christmas means to you (ie family, friends, giving). Things you enjoy about Christmas (ie Lights, Trees, great food).  Things you might need to do (ie decorate, shop wrap), Traditions ( ie Looking at lights, watching movies), and perhaps things you’d like to do this year. It was actually interesting to do with Cale instead of just on my own. Truth be told He grumbled a little when I first handed the list to him, but by the end he was laughing. It also opened my eyes to see what some of the typical traditions are, that seem to hold more of a special place with him. It also highlighted some things that, I really didn’t think of, but he would like to incorporate, and I’m paying a little closer attention to those things.

                You can approach the Master list a couple of ways. Last Christmas, I used my resources to help my friend get ready for Christmas, and she and I approached this list on completely different ends of the spectrum. My friend kept it simple, knew what she wanted and made it a very obtainable list. Then there is me, who can come up with a MILLION things on the list, but I accept I likely can’t achieve it all. Pick a style that works best for you. So basically, this is a big brainstorming session. You can do it solo, like I have in the past, or do it as a family. Depending on their age, you could even include the kids in this.

                While I will have these guidance posts through until after Christmas, there are somethings that are personal to you, and your traditions, that maybe I wouldn’t even think of. This will help you to add these things to your personal to do list, and what’s more, add them early.

                K, Luv Ya, Bye!

                Nancy, Cale and Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment