Friday 15 September 2017

Christmas Planning Intro, and Thanksgiving!



Here it is! The second year in a row I’ve done a Christmas preparation blog series. Last year was a trial run, this year, I have it all laid out, and prepared. Last year I also used 101 Days to Christmas as a guideline. This year, it’s on my timeline, and my style.
Now I know some people I’m close to are seeing this post and saying, can’t we wait until (insert some event here). Well no, not really. Starting early is economically a good call. The average amount spent on Christmas in the US, is $1700…We’re Canada so it’s more like $2000 (not an actual figure, it’s me guessing). I don’t know about you, but the answer is no, I can’t afford to wait. Let me stress that this blog will remember the special events leading up to the big day as well (as will be evident later in this post).
We’re officially at a time of year I absolutely love. Obviously, I adore Christmas, but I LOVE Fall too. The fact I spend the entire season getting ready for Christmas, probably plays a role. But I also enjoy the colours, Thanksgiving, the cooler weather (I can’t take the heat for the life of me), apple picking, well actually anything that is apple related, and pumpkin related. So, while this blog is mostly Christmas related, it covers all the things that come within the period of time between now, and the big day. One of those things is Thanksgiving.

Believe it or not, we’re three weeks from Thanksgiving. So while this is the intro post, assignment #1 is here, get ready for Thanksgiving. This consists of making plans with family. If you’re hosting planning the menu, keeping in mind (if your family is anything like mine) family members may want to contribute, welcome this with open arms! Don’t forget the décor. I have a beautiful tablecloth, acorn salt and pepper shakers and a ceramic pumpkin I haul out every year around this time. I also grabbed a couple of hallow pumpkins from Michael’s (pictured above) and a wreath to hang on my door.
 Let me wrap up my post by saying thanks for reading, and welcome to another year of Christmas preparation, as stress free as it gets. Keep you’re eyes peeled for my next post, on Monday


K, Luv ya, Bye! 

Nancy, Cale and Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment