Thursday 29 January 2015

Taking a second to recognize what they DID on Criminal minds last night.

*SPOILERS AHEAD* SPOILERS AHEAD*SPOILERS AHEAD*


     So I'm actually QUITE public about what my favorite TV show is, my one and only "I can't miss it" show, is of course Walking dead. I do have other shows that I will automatically click to if I see it's on, and one of those shows is Criminal Minds. My husband and I were kind of late to the party with this show. I remember my grandmother watching this show, and telling me he favorite character was Garcia, and she reminded her of me ( wish I was half the person Penelope Garcia is). I think we were married when we started to watch it, and watch it right through from season 1. 

*SPOILERS AHEAD* SPOILERS AHEAD*SPOILERS AHEAD*

    I've seen all the fans beg for Emily Prentiss, and recall the same pull when we lost JJ for one season. I've seen the comparisons of Rossi and Gideon. I felt the feels when Hotch lost his wife, when Reid was tortured, when everyone thought Emily was dead, when Emily came back. When Morgan fought to free his cousin, when Reid lost his Girlfriend, when Garcia was SHOT (yeah there were a lot of tears for this one), When JJ was tortured, When Reid was shot BOTH times...and I think you get what I'm saying here. 


    Last night was an "I can't miss it" episode for me, because we went back to the  beginning of the BAU, and met young Gideon and Rossi. Let me repeat that, GIDEON was back! Now personally I don't have a preference of Gideon or Rossi, both are great in their own way, but as a fan who has seen it from the start, even if he wasn't being portrayed by the stellar Mandy Patinkin, I was excited to have that character back, and see how he was prior to being effected by the cases he'd dealt with over the years. 

*SPOILERS AHEAD* SPOILERS AHEAD*SPOILERS AHEAD*
     So I got comfy, sat down and the first thing we see is an emotionally distraught Reid ( Should mention, it's a tie between he and Garcia for my favorite character). The next thing we see is a cabin in the woods....while I recognized it, it didn't process whose cabin it was, until he went inside to find the rest of the team. It was when a body laid on the floor covered in a sheet, and you see the REST of the team as torn up I clicked in, only seconds before Hotch said "It's Gideon". 
 
*WALKING DEAD SPOILERS AHEAD* WALKING DEAD SPOILERS AHEAD*

     A flood of tears came after being hit by this bomb. The only other time I cried like this for a TV show was the death of Hershel Greene...Ok for Merle Dixon too. But let me point out what just happened there.... an AGENT died...They've NEVER done this before...they've come close. I'm not sure if when they killed Strauss off is closer ( she wasn't an agent, and let's be honest, who loved her like we love the team) or when they made you think Emily was dead and it was all "gotcha" when she was put into witness protection. 

     I do want to take a second to point out though, that Gideon's son is named after Rossi... I was already a wreck so yeah there were water works for that.

     Let's absorb the fact that never in the history of the show have they EVER done this before. A character we were made to love, we're very much in the same boat as the team. We hadn't seen him in a long time, but we always knew he was still out there... 

No comments:

Post a Comment