Friday 1 June 2018

Coming September 15th!

         

          Holy crap I'm not posting about my kid...entirely, I'm sure he will be mentioned at some point. It's just over 3 months until my Christmas planning series starts up again! My blog has become more popular again since last year, and yes I will be doing it all again, because I freakin love it. If you haven't followed the series in the past, let me break it down for you. Starting September 15th (101 days before)I start a Christmas planning blog, it highlights what I'm doing and helps you to organize and get ready WELL in advance for the big day to try and keep you from going crazy. If you have followed in the past, you know this is the 3rd year, and just like last year, Cale will play a BIG part in the planning and prepping. Christmas is really my thing, and Cale usually just lets me do my thing, where I was working in retail, and pregnant last year, a lot got put on Cale. This year, while I physically can do much more, and I'm not working in retail, I'm now doing the mom thing, so Cale will still play a big role, even if it's watching Jake while I do stuff. That being said, I kind of like the team effort. The year after it will be the mom thing and retail...so if I do the blog that year, I might even want to start MYSELF earlier. 

          This post is as a reminder that it is returning, and a couple notes to go along with it. One, do things through the year. This is generally designated to gifts, even if it's just getting ideas. In the last month, I got ideas for 3 people on my list, and really, I SHOULD be getting the gifts now because it's less money I will have to worry about spending down the road. Over the summer, it could potentially be getting things for decorations too. There are two stops we make when we go to Cape Breton, and I love the Christmas stuff they carry. If we get up this year, I will likely grab a few things. Another thing to consider that actually didn't occur to me until this year is considering if your family dynamic has changed. That is something I obviously will be looking at this year with Jake arriving. My best friend's daughter made us a baby's first Christmas ornament already, because she knows how much I love Christmas. I'll likely get another one as well, but she made us the very first. I know this is something I have a few friends who will have to consider this. We all want to do all these things with our little ones, but lets be honest here, there are limitations because of the little ones too. Another thing I will have to consider with Jake is baby proofing our Christmas...should be interesting. 

          The very last thing I want to cover in this post is how I share it. When any post of mine comes out I share it on Pinterest, and on Facebook, both on my personal page, and on my fan page. At the end of the series last year, I saw the growth and saw that I had several people who watched it regularly. That's why this year in addition to those places on fb, I have put out the offer to share it directly to your Facebook wall, so you never miss a post. I have a list of people who are interested in this already, if you would like to add your name to that list, please let me know. 

K, Luv Ya, Bye!

Nancy  

No comments:

Post a Comment