Wednesday 13 June 2018

Breaking my Heart

         
We took Jake on his first road trip over the weekend, to Gramma and Grampa's house. He was absolutely fantastic, we actually had a night where he slept through the night. While we were there, we saw the warning signs. Drooling, chewing on hands, teething was coming. Now he hasn't cut his first tooth, but now that we're home, we're into teething.

           Absolutely breaking my heart, he was awake less than every two hours last night crying, generally the max we see him up is twice. We've been trying for an hour and a half to get him down now, Cale has tagged me out...and I hear him still crying down the hall, so this will likely be a short post. Worst feeling in the world hearing him like this, and being basically powerless. Friends recommended camilia drops, and last night they worked to settle him, he's a little rougher to deal with tonight. What's more is we were pretty sure he got his father's cold...but I haven't heard a cough in a while, and lots of clearing out of the sinuses has been happening, so I'm thinking that might be a wrap. *update* things just went quiet down the hall.

          I'm not for a second complaining about the crying, or how many times we were up last night. What's killing me is I hate to see him like this. I know this is something everyone gets through, and so will I. I'm just at the beginning though, and know my baby is in pain, I'm not sure that's something to completely get over, you just learn to deal I suppose...I'm not there yet.

K, Luv Ya, Bye

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment