Thursday 3 May 2018

Mom Post #7, Not sure what to blog about

     
We're in a seriously transitional time with Jake right now, So pin pointing a blog topic was difficult. The thing is I enjoy blogging and some times when I can't come up with a topic, I continue to put things off. So I guess I'll just do a little run down of what's going on with us.

        Jake is almost 8 weeks old. A week from today he will be 2 months old. As a result, we've seen some big differences in him. For example he smiles at me, a lot. Especially if dad just changed his diaper and brings him to me, he knows now this is meal time. Dad is so helpful with feeding time, he actually doesn't know what to think when He's at work and it's all me.

       We're starting to be able to get in some play time lately, but there are definitely day where it's become harder. The main reason for this is that we're finally successfully breastfeeding. This has been a long process, and I planned to do a post on breastfeeding...it might be a few posts at this point, it was 7 weeks before we were 100% successful...and I'm thinking 100% is still a little more than what we're actually at. I have at least 1 more appointment with the Mother Baby Clinic for breastfeeding. This is where we're going to discover if we're doing a good job or not, and honestly I'm anxious because I'm not sure we are...today we're having some issues...he's feeding and passing out (because he needs to sleep, and won't nap). But he's fed 3 times in 4 hours. Like I said gonna do some breastfeeding posts in the future.

      Jake really likes the car too, it's become a bit of a pacifier honestly (oh and he likes his lobster pacifier too lol). When he gets fussy (and I have to point out we're lucky, it doesn't happen that often) If we're going in the car he chills out. He often falls asleep, but if not, he'd watching out the window, with a thoughtful look on his face.

      While I posted in the past about the emotional roller coaster thing, it's been a lot of fun watching the ways he's grown. I want to say it's several little things. I can't get over how much more sturdy he is. In the beginning, we were so awkward, worried we'd break him, and to be fair he was a lot more floppy. I can sit him up in the corner of the couch now. I generally put him there while I put on my breastfeeding pillow and sing the cantina music from Star Wars. Actually if he gets fussy and I sing this, nine times out of ten he chills out. I love my little Star Wars fan. I realize I'm posting this the day before Star Wars day, and Jake was born on Mario Day...The geek is strong in this kid. I just need to get him something Walking Dead, and I'll be a happy Mama.

K, Luv Ya, Bye

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment