Wednesday 25 April 2018

Mom Post #6, My current Favorite products

        When Jake was born, I had no IDEA we would be running out to the store for SO many things we didn't have. Some things just make our lives so much easier, and in some cases livable. Now because they say every baby is different, this is my top 5 favorite items that have made life with Jake so much easier.



#5 Puppy pads. This may sound stupid, but these have saved our lives. The first several days Jake we had to do laundry daily. One of the main reasons was the change pad covers. We were having to remove the flannel ones almost every change and it was insane. Finally I told Cale to grab a pack of puppy pads at the store and it is simply a case of tossing it out when he has an accident.

#4 This Fisher Price Rocker. This wasn't even something on my radar when my Brother and Sister in-law sent this up to us. So Jake honestly sleeps pretty well in his pack and play at night, but he will NOT sleep in it during the day. He will however sleep in this rocker while I can do what I need to do around the house. If I'm gonna nap, I slide this over by the couch and we can both doze.

#3 My Cell Phone...not really a product for the baby, but early on we didn't have a white noise machine...we do now, but really not such a fan of it. My phone we've used youtube, but now we use the baby sleep app, and the baby tracker app, which take up less battery life, and the audio will still work when the app is closed. Not to say we won't be using the white noise machine (or getting a better one) when he moves to his own room, but for now, my phone works.

#2 My Brest Friend/ Madela Shield. I combined two into this one because they have both been helpful with breastfeeding, it has been a struggle, and it's only starting to work well now. We DID have breastfeeding pillows, plural, but I couldn't get comfortable with them. Fortunately they do have another purpose now, but this was the one I used at the clinic at the hospital, so I knew how comfortable I was with it. Also, Jake would NOT latch, so the clinic hauled out Madela shields for me to use, this is how I ACTUALLY got him to latch at all.

#1 The Halo Swaddle. I wasn't aware of the startle reflex, but it's a thing, and it was keeping Jake from sleeping solo. I used regular swaddle blankets, but he broke out of it constantly...it was like every 20 min he would wake up. A friend had a couple Halo swaddles that didn't fit her little one anymore and she saved the small shred of sanity we had in the beginning (we have a slightly larger shred now) These have been a life saver, and because of the way they wrap, and the strong velcro, we're not concerned about it going up over his face while sleeping.

        Those are the top products in my mind that are kind of saving us at the moment. There are other great things we use regularly, but these were like the life saver ones that popped up for us. What are your favorite products at the moment?

K, Luv Ya, Bye!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment