Wednesday 6 December 2017

Wrapping

             This one is a special one for me. For some this will be a chore. We’re talking about wrapping gifts. Here is the history of it for me. When I was a kid, I was raised by my single father. So when it came time for me to go Christmas shopping for my dad, my uncle took me out. It was always a fun night. We’d have supper, go and get his gift, pop into a few other stores, and then go back to his place for wrapping. My uncle would turn on the Christmas music and we would wrap all the gifts, and I just loved it.
                He always put on Anne Murry (who is his favorite), and Boney M (which grew to become my favorite). So now as an adult, my Christmas wrapping is an evening I love. I pop on Boney M (my mother in-law knew I loved their Christmas album and got it for me), get down on the floor and just belt out the songs). I end up texting my uncle a LOT too. I guess it’s the memories it brings that makes me LOVE wrapping my gifts. For some people this becomes a mad scramble, but I get it done now, and enjoy the wrapping and the look of the gifts under the tree.

K, Luv Ya, Bye!

Nancy, Cale and Alice 

No comments:

Post a Comment