Wednesday 11 March 2015

With Age Comes Wisdom

          Once upon a time, not too long ago, I was a pessimist. A real Negative Nancy, let’s be honest, the title fit. I was jaded, and far too young to be jaded. I could mentally turn almost anything into a problem, or even convince myself to be offended by something.  I realized how little this did for me, I truly did, but it had become such a habit for me, it was near impossible to shake.

            I will point out, I have dealt with several negative things that most people at my age have yet to deal with, but I was using it as a crutch, and really only hurting myself. I’m not about to tell you, I’ve kicked the negativity curse, no unfortunately not. What I have done was gain wisdom.

            I’ve learned to take a step back and reassess a situation. Believe me, my feelings of negativity are still very much there, they’re habit. I’ve simply decided I would rather fight them than have them haunt me. I can shrug things off far more simply than before, and when I’m down, I count my blessings. If you are religious or not, you can count your blessings. We all have things in our lives we’re thankful for. I think I’d rather spend time and energy on those things than anger and frustration.

            I’m full of creative ideas, and enthusiasm, putting these things into motion make me happy, and I’m always looking to improve for myself and my family. Again things that make me happy. I plan to continue on my road of positive things, it’s served me better, and it makes me happier. I’m sharing this too because it’s part of why I call my blog “Unclouded Spirit”.


            I have this excitement and happiness in me, in my spirit. My negativity was clouding that over, and holding me back. Yup totally cheesy, but I’m really happy with it, and how I’m using it. This blog has been therapeutic and fun for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment