Wednesday 31 December 2014

My Not New Years Resolution.

     It's New Years Eve and with a new Year comes those resolutions. I tend to make similar ones every year, all to do with health, and every year there comes a point, where it stops. I DID have one year, I decided to lose weight, and I ACTUALLY did it. The problem was, once I lost it, I stopped paying attention. And it's not even that everything I did was actually healthy, in fact I think some of it may have been really NOT healthy.

    So what makes this year any different? I dunno, don't we all have that delusion that THIS is the year? I supposed that's a pessimistic way of looking at it. The more positive option would be to come up with a game plan. Which I did.

    For starters lets start with my confession, I'm totally a pinterest junkie. So of course I have boards dedicated to health (or 5 boards...I have 5....).  From Pinterest you can get overwhelmed by the MASSIVE amounts of information being thrown at you. Here is the Paleo diet, These foods detoxify your skin, Here is the exercise routine to match up with your favorite TV show! So now you have this pile of potential knowledge and don't know what to do with it.

    I think another issue many of us have, is we try and do EVERYTHING at once. Where making myself healthier is my goal, I have to be realistic here. This isn't a quick fix thing, this is an ongoing thing I will have to make part of my routine, how can I expect to change EVERYTHING all at once? So instead I've been attempting to wrap my head around the solid fact, I have to take this one step at a time. Slowly introduce my changes. Another thing I've had to wrap my head around, this isn't a New Years resolution. The New year marks my jumping off point, because it seems like a natural starting point, but it has to be an ongoing thing.

    Aside from this being my blog, and I can basically write whatever I want here, I'm writing this selfishly for another reason. Accountability. I've revealed what I'm doing, to whoever decides to read this. Really such a stupid thing, but there it is, human nature, we don't want people to see us fail.

    So where do I plan on starting? With a cleanse. I'm by no means a nutritionist, or doctor, so I don't know how this will work for others, but I've done this one before, and I did like how I felt after. So starting Saturday (because I'm going to a party tonight and plan on being lazy tomorrow) I'm going to begin the GM 7 Day cleanse. That is all I'm taking on right off the bat. I do have some stuff in mind for down the road, but I'm not sure which way I'm going with it just yet. Will likely continue to post about it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment