Thursday 18 December 2014

My Relationship with Dresses

     I've never been a Huge fan of dresses. I'm pretty sure I assaulter my mother as a toddler in her attempt to put one on me, and there was more than one Sunday morning shouting match with my grandmother over the years, when she tried to get me to wear one to church. I like jeans, I've always liked jeans. I remember at 7 years old, how comfortable I felt wearing jeans. You can move more freely in jeans, and they're tougher. I just have more confidence in Jeans.

    My prom night, we had our prom and safe grad in the same place, so we all had our bags with our change of clothes for later in the night there...I was legitimately the FIRST person to change into their regular clothes, my jeans. My classmates, were in Gowns and Suits, I was in my jeans, and I was completely fine with that.

   

    Why do I post this? Well, I was at a work event this evening, where I decided to wear, a dress.



     And EVERYONE at work knew how out of my element I felt. Is it because I still very much have my tom-boy streak? No, couldn't be (Though I REALLY do), because if THAT were the case, I wouldn't own dresses,  and I do, this one for example is one I thought was just SO pretty, hubs bought it for me last year for Christmas. Well I finally had a place to wear it, so I did. I get back to the station after the event, and no, I didn't bring a pair of jeans with me. I decided, this was what I was going to wear for the rest of my show... but I didn't have to put up with the tights anymore.

    Suddenly I wasn't uncomfortable anymore. I'm sitting here, typing this, in this dress, completely comfortable. Why? It's not incredibly short, or tight (neither were the ones when I was a kid, but that was a different phase). I can move and bend without worry. I sit weird, and that may be part of my issue with dresses and skirts, but I can sit weird in this...did I find a dress I could actually have a relationship with?! I may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment