Thursday 15 September 2016

Sharing MY Secrets to Christmas

    

      It's been a very long time since I've done a blog post, and none the less, it remained logged in on to my account. So here I am back and about to launch myself into a project.

     Over the next several weeks I will be sharing with you the secret to me keeping my sanity over Christmas...okay, sanity might be a stretch, but my lunacy is out of enjoyment of the season, not being stressed to the max. No, I get everything done, I get it done early, and I do it on budget. One obvious key to my success, is I start early, made evident by the fact that I'm posting on September 15th! Some may read this and say can we get through Thanksgiving/Halloween/ Remembrance day first? Well you could, but that cuts down on a LOT of time to get ready. We know Christmas comes every year, and yet a large portion of the population scramble to get everything done, but it never changes it's place on the calendar.


     Another LARGE part of my success is a website I've used as a guide. If you follow this series I'm about to do, you will see this link, because I plan to give credit where credit is due. It's 101 Days to Christmas , and if you do the math, that's actually today. That's right, we're a mere 2 days from being double digit days away from Christmas, see how quick it gets ya? SO I will reference her site often, and it will continue to guide me, but I will be going through this fewer days a week, and giving you more of a taste of how I do it, because if I were to just do it the same way she does, there would be no point. I'm also, pretty sure, she's American, so mine will be the Canadian spin too, and we Canadians know, we're coming up on thanksgiving in October, instead of their November Thanksgiving. Just keep in mind, my processes is larger chunks at a time (I usually use my days off), but she gives you a little each day. I do recommend checking out her page for sure, it's made my organizing and preparing easier. So yes check hers out, and please keep an eye out for my posts as well to see my spin and how I do things a little differently :)

No comments:

Post a Comment