Tuesday 28 July 2015

How Fall has Made Me More Self Aware Of Wasting

     Something people may or may not know about me is I'm a planner, I LOVE planning. And making lists, I love putting a pin to a fresh piece of paper and mapping out a plan. The downside to this is sometimes I can fail to live in the now, because I'm planning for tomorrow. Last year this time, I was in full blown fall mode. Perhaps it's because we had such a long Winter, but I've been finding myself REALLY trying to enjoy the summer this year. But when days like today roll around, overcast, and needing to chuck on a hoodie, well this is when my mind wanders to Fall, or even my FAVORITE time of year, that I won't mention, because some people may get mad at me.  Really people may get mad at me for talking about  Fall, but whatever.


     One major thing I've been doing (because I'm addicted top Pinterest), is pinning outfit inspirations for the season. What is interesting about how I'm doing it this year VS other years, is I'm being realistic. I'm SO guilty of seeing clothes that I think are cute, or pretty and buying them, only to have them hang in my closet...why? They're not my style. People close to me, very well may be shocked to learn, I own about 6-7 dresses and skirts...yup, because I thought they were pretty, and bought them, but feel weird wearing them unless it's for something special. Nope, my look can be broken down to a formula. Step 1, Jeans...these are the foundation of my wardrobe, If I'm not wearing jeans, mark it on the calendar, because it is a rare occurrence. A top to go with the jeans. If they're skinny, generally longer, or the rarer occurrence flowy. Bootcut usually brings about a basic T-shirt or tank. And Finally an over piece. If I'm actually wearing it or not, I've got one with me. It could be a shirt (generally plaid), a cardigan, or my trusty ole hoodies. Then it's accessories and shoes, which is generally, what's easy and looks decent... this is my look. I have accepted and FINALLY understand this.


     SO why am I taking the time to tell people about this? Because there is NO way I'm the only one who does this. wastes money, and closet space buying the pretty stuff for it to just sit there. I guess I'm posting this because I've become more self aware this way, and I think it was for the good. Perhaps this post might help some one else be aware too.

thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment