Monday 19 October 2015

Fall Soup Recipe

Well it's been a while since I blogged, I for the most part had little to nothing I thought was worth writing. I recently started journaling, and it's super personal and therapeutic for me. I've been looking into Journal prompts and that's really where the therapeutic aspect comes into play, and I can dive into that further perhaps in another post. While I was searching for a prompt that might interest me this evening, I came across BLOG prompts, specific to October. I kind of liked some of these ideas, and thought to myself challenge accepted. While I have no intention of doing all of these, there are some I like the idea of.

So that's my introduction to that, what I'm sharing today is from a prompt that said share a "Fall soup recipe". This is perfect, because in the beginning of October, we start our "Souper Sundays" in my house. I make a big pot of soup and we eat, a lot of soup over the next couple days. Any guesses what kind of soup I made yesterday? I decided to share a slightly different version of what my cousins and I affectionately refer to as "Nanny soup".

Growing up, there was a super simple soup my Nanny made for us regularly, so not even necessarily JUST in the Fall. It's a recipe I've tweaked slightly, but it's still a soup, I just throw everything in the pot and make, and where the description is so not helpful for describing what kind of soup it is, it's a beef vegetable soup.

Ingredients:
1lb beef, any cut really works
Large Onion
1 Can of vegetable soup
Carrots
Parsnip
Corn
2 boxes of beef broth

Brown up the beef in large pot, and add the onion, fry for a few min
At this point you add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil. Once the carrots and parsnips are soft, you're set.

Nanny would use onion soup mix in place of the beef broth, and would also add a can of tomato soup, and we'd go gaga for it. She also told us that parsnips are what gives it it's flavor. So this is the big "secret" Nanny soup. I've made it already this year, and will likely make it again. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment