Saturday 8 November 2014

Why I changed to natural skin care

     Every year, without fail, my skin has a FREAK OUT! It's usually when we see a major drop in the temperature and it can take a WHILE to come back from. The freak out usually consists of acne, while my skin dries out, and my eczema going crazy.

     Last year I was bound and determined to overcome it. I can't tell you how many walls I hit a dead end. After googling skin care routine after skin care routine, I found some one who posted advice on how to find my OWN routine, instead of everyone else's. She was also very enthusiastic about natural skin care.

    Something I didn't ever really think of, nor did I know a lot about it. So I started doing research, and getting myself more info than I could absorb or need. So I picked a more natural route, and slowly, I finally started to see an improvement, and was able to maintain a complexion, I could live with.

     Well like I said, that was last year. I have learned more about natural options in the year, but found myself limited. I like trying new things, and really didn't think I could if I stuck strictly to natural products (which by the way is completely untrue). So I started to go back toward conventional, and my skin was okay...for a while. We've recently seen the temperature drop, and my skin had it's freak out!

     So I decided to do what I love to do, and learn more about natural skin care, and makeup. I kind of love finding blogs about natural beauty, and learning what people use for different things. I find unlike typical beauty products, people talk about ingredients, and what specific ones do for you. It kind of makes it easier to understand really...yes I just said I find natural cosmetics easier.  Not always FINDING them, but that's a topic I'll likely touch on on another post.

     I've been back to my natural skin care, for 2 days, and I'm already quite happy with the results...I'm shaking my head wondering why I felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken. But I'm back on track, and amped about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment